Built-on-site PoolPak™ dehumidifiers can reduce installation costs, increase energy efficiency and improve comfort
NEW YORK – AUGUST 6th, 2015 – HIGHMARK, a pioneer in efficiency for the built environment, has introduced PoolPak™ dehumidifiers for indoor pools to the New York City market. The dehumidifiers can reduce installation costs by being sized, built and tested on-site, and increase energy efficiency through heat recovery and economizers that use outside air to dehumidify, when possible. This generates energy savings of 40%-60% over conventional outside-air dilution systems, while improving comfort.
“In New York City, replacing pool dehumidifiers is expensive, time-consuming and usually requires significant construction,” said Anthony Sannazzaro, Co-Founder of HIGHMARK. “We can avoid this costly scenario by building the units on-site using the PoolPak™ Site-Built Program, which offers an excellent, cost-effective way to replace and upgrade hard-to-access units. A retrofit of a poorly performing unit can drastically reduce energy consumption and expenses, while enhancing the indoor environment.”
PoolPak™ dehumidifiers benefit building owners, contractors and engineers alike due to the following key attributes:
- Systems can be built on-site: Large, specialized HVAC equipment – like dehumidifiers – are often installed in tight, difficult-to-reach spaces. That’s why PoolPak™ developed the Site-Built Program to overcome this obstacle by sizing, building and testing systems on-site. Site-built units are fabricated in the space by PoolPak™ personnel and retain all factory warranties.
- Heat-pump technology recycles energy: The heat recovered during the dehumidification process is recycled and used to warm the enclosed space and pool water, resulting in dramatically lower energy costs compared to traditional HVAC units.
- Outside air is used for dehumidification: Under the appropriate conditions, dry outside air can be used to control humidity, as well as to ventilate the facility, thus reducing the cost of operation.
- Save 40%-60% over conventional equipment: When you add it all up, a retrofit with a PoolPak™ system can result in 40%-60% energy savings over conventional outside-air dilution systems due to reduced installation costs and increased energy efficiency, with a payback period of only three to five years.
- Dependable, low-cost operation:PoolPak™ systems can last over 20 years, and are designed specifically for the harsh environment of indoor pools, delivering consistent satisfaction and low maintenance costs on an ongoing basis.
Built-on-sitePoolPak™ dehumidifiers for indoor pools are available immediately throughout New York City and the metro area. For more information, contact HIGHMARK at 212.920.4878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGHMARKhelps companies that are serious about operating buildings as efficiently as possible by enabling them to put the best technologies and practices in place, focusing on HVAC, energy services and water management. Since 2013, HIGHMARK has partnered with companies worldwide that share its vision and are inspired to innovate. The company’s goal is to bring to market high-quality, technologically advanced products and systems that will better the built environment for centuries to come. For more information, visit: www.highmark-ny.com.